Monday, February 27, 2023

Auction Weekend

This weekend there were two auctions. The big one at DGW auction in Sunnyvale and a mini one through MaxSold. The smaller one was in a very unsafe area in downtown San Jose, so I won't be going there again. They had OK stuff but not so great I'm willing to make the drive. 
At DGW I picked up two huge lots of Fostoria glass and everything glowed green. It was interesting when I went to pick up my lots on Sunday, I met two other resellers. One was an antique store owner and he is someone I must have been bidding against. He passed on all the lots I got because he didn't know they glowed and I passed on a few of the lots he got because I didn't see the Blenko glass bowl. There were other lots I wanted but the bidding went too high.  We had a nice chat about my UV flashlight. He knew of the line of glassware I got but didn't know it glowed. Of course is doesn't show well in the regular retail setting so I can understand he doesn't carry a UV flashlight. As we were talking another reseller heard us talking about WhatNot (reason clear glass sells well for me) and started asking questions. It was nice that even with us bidding against each other at the auction we could have a nice chat about what's going on in the reselling world. 

No comments: