Thursday, February 16, 2023

The one that got away.

The Michaan auction was this week and I still look at the catalog even with the auction house being over an hour away. It would have to be something super special for me to make that drive. It's not so much the driving but having to go through a very rough part of town to get there. 
I talk a lot about how I love the smell of coffee but I really don't like the taste. Growing up with the smell of fresh coffee being made every morning just makes me happy. I did watch the bidding on this over sized Folger coffee can (the brand my parents liked) which I knew would sell for good money. You can see the final price of $140 but you also have to add in all the fees and taxes, so it probably top off at $200.00.  I would have seriously considered it but I also have to factor in the cost of gas to go pick it up. There wasn't anything else in the auction I would paid top dollar for so I had to pass on it.
Did a WhatNot jewelry auction last night which was a total bust with zero sales. Since I had the time, I decided to see if I could sell off some more cookbooks before I donate them away.  I sold a few but the best part was I had a nice chat with someone about all the weird things he's eaten as a food writer. Now I just have to get motivate to get things tagged and in my booths at CCB.

No comments: