Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Big score of packing material - happy dance

One of the downsides to shipping breakables is sourcing enough packing materials. My profit margins are so small that any expense I can avoid is helpful.  Someone posted on Facebook marketplace free moving boxes and packing paper. The boxes go quickly if free as people do resell them. I just took a chance and ask only for the paper. The person who picked up the boxes didn't want the paper, so I was in luck to get the paper. It totally filled up my car (I drive a very big car) and then my studio. I think it will last me at least a month which is super! It was also a good day thrifting as I found things at all the place I stopped at and that's a very rarely happens!  Now the task of selling everything.
I'm in a dilemma if I should go down to the Carmel House for a week. I really don't want to have to pack up my car (I do that almost everyday) so I can keep on working but it's such a pain to haul all my stuff around. It's not good to take a break from my auction schedule as I now have some followers. The thrift stores down in Carmel aren't good for resellers so I can't be sourcing while there. So what would you do?
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: