Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Frog eating continues.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current project box
I'm slowly eating all those little frogs that have been hiding in every corner of my studio for years. I finally went through all the DMC thread I have collected over the years. When I moved to Alameda I had the floor space and didn't have to worry about Annie getting into anything, I sort out everything by number and put them in little baggies where they sat. Last night for several hours I started putting them in order in those embroidery thread boxes. I have 8 full boxes, which is way more than anyone needs!  I hope to start using up what I have and give away the colors I would never use. 
I've been making cards with my thread because it uses up a lot of thread. It also keeps me from falling into the social media rabbit hole of mindless scrolling.  I at least feel a little productive when I'm making something. :)
I also did a deep clean of my kitchen area.  The landlord said the pace was cleaned (I think by his wife) it wasn't even close to what I would call clean.  Everything got scrubbed down and washed. Yes I can flash a UV light in my kitchen now and not find anything nasty. 
 I know when you first move into someplace new, you just put things wherever and most of the time people never reorganize the space.  I knew at some point I would come back to putting things where it made sense to how I use the kitchen. So I tackled that and now have a clean and fully functional kitchen space. 

No comments: