Wednesday, February 22, 2023

My first sold out show

Related Posts with ThumbnailsLast night I had my very first show to sell out. It's a long story about how that all happened.
Towerofvintage is another reseller on WhatNot. She lives in Alaska in a 600 sqf cabin and she has a really big following. This point is important. 
Last month she was in Portland (not sure why) and her hotel room was robbed. I think she said the hotel double booked her room and whoever that another person was took everything she had in the room. 
So another big WN seller JDA heard about this (their WN friends) and did a show with all the sales going to Towerofvintage (about $2,000) so she could replace her laptop (can't do WN without a computer) and replace her stolen inventory. 
She's on WN restocking her WN store and I happen to be one of the shows she shopped at. Because she has a big following she can buy from me (my prices are super low) and flip them on her shows for almost full retail and make a nice profit.  She purchased so much I had to learn how to unbundle a shipment because I didn't have a box big enough for all the stuff she purchased. I did throw in some extra things to help her out too.
I did tell myself if I have to good show I would go down to the Carmel House next week. I think this counts as a good show. :)
I'm still one the fence because a big storm system with high winds in coming through and that would mean power outages down in Carmel. 
It's so nice to see people helping out other sellers on WN!

No comments: