Tuesday, January 31, 2023

My favorite photo

I had to get my passport renewed just in case I plan to do any international travel - which I don't have any plans to do. Even with my grandkids on living in Holland, I don't have any plans to visit. But just in case there's an emergency I should have a current one ready. It was advice given to me when my son Chad was in the military. As parents you never knew if you would have to fly over to wherever he was stationed. 
So for me my wander lust for traveling is over.  I've been to a lot of interesting places and to all my bucket list places. I would rather be at the beach house.  
It took awhile to get my passport photo taken, not sure why but I never made it a priority to get it done. I was shocked on how high the fees for renewing a passport are now! $130 plus $10 to ship.  
Anyways, my daughter asked that I send a photo of myself for the kids bulletin board so they can learn to call me Grammy in English. I don't have many photos of myself, as I'm the one that takes the pictures. This is my favorite photo taken several years ago. I had always wanted a good photo of me and Annie for our Christmas card.  It took a lot of wrestling to get this one shot as Annie just wanted to play and wasn't interested in sitting still. The out takes are so funny too! 

No comments: