Sunday, January 1, 2023

Brown Spotted Cow to start the new year off right.

24X24 signed art work
I went to DGW auction house in Sunnyvale on Saturday for the first time in maybe 4 years?  It's been awhile for sure! It was so nice that they remembered me and I still had my same bidder number on file. It was a very raining day (flooded roads etc...) and it wasn't really smart to be out driving but I went anyways. :) 
During the lock down, DGW did online auctions of only their high end items, so there was nothing I could even think of bidding on. I wanted to see if their in person format had changed and how many resellers would be there. The place was packed and the starting bids were still a little too high for me. The gold coins were going to 10k+, which was a little shocking to someone who doesn't deal in gold or silver. 
I did like this signed painting, as brown spotted cows was my mom's lucky charm.  I decided to stayed until it came up for auction. It was funny that another reseller was in the same row as I was bidding on it. I had seen what he was bidding on so I had an idea where his price range was. I decided to psych him out and keep my bidder card up, which means I wanted it and I would out bid him every time. I got it for $45 so after all the auction fees, it costed me $54. If I was going to do a fast flip on it I wouldn't have paid that much for it. 
It's now hanging up in my auction studio and I  hope some of my mom's good luck rubs off! 
Since I now know how fast the new auctioneer goes and how many people are there, I know when to show up and not have to sit there for hours.  Hopefully this month, I'll be able to score some good stuff. 

No comments: