Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tire Swing Memories

Happy Father's Day! I'm so looking forward to the end of this weekend. It's been a non stop multi-tasking month for me. Prepping for classes, remodeling my Dad's bathroom, my daughter moving back home from Seattle, the general chaos of things. I'm sure looking forward to some downtime and getting back to designing. This morning, during that time right before you wake up (according to Di Vinci) is when your best creative thoughts kick in. Growing up on a farm back in the day when Silicon Valley was all ranch land and orchards, we had a tire swing hanging from a huge black walnut tree. Having only my cousin as a playmate (all my siblings are much older than me) we would spend all day running around the ranch getting into all sorts of trouble. I can't even imagine children now days having that type of freedom. I think my memories of that tire swing this morning is telling me to get back to the simpler things in life and don't forget to take time to play.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen sister! Love this memory. Now where we live - kids' still do have the room to run & romp & play. Gotta LOVE Michigan!