Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Great Vintage Finds




It's been slim pickings at the auction houses for the past year. A few weeks ago I met a retired artist/antique dealer who is starting to sell off his collections. He said most of the valuable items have already been sold off or he was saving them to give to his grandchildren. I went over not really thinking I would find anything. Boy was I wrong! I came home with several boxes of great vintage kitchen items. My antique booth with get a much needed boost this week.
Another plus was the depth of his knowledge about antiques and what I was buying. We had a nice chat about what use to be hot 20 years ago and what's hot now. The chicken in the picture is an original one, not a reproduction. The detail in the feathers is amazing. I really liked the medicine bottles. There is one with a giraffe that is for sore throats - too funny. There are many more boxes I didn't have time to go through since I had to get back to my Dad's house to start the long process of moving furniture back into his master bed room but I will be going back as soon as my bank account recovers. :)

No comments: