Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Los Molcajetes in Fossil Creek TX

While we were out in Texas we went to a great restaurant in Fossil Creek TX. The ladies at the front desk said "Los Molecajetes" was REALLY good (it wasn't on the hotel's standard list of restaurants) so we gave it a try. First off, it was packed at 8:45 pm and Fossil Creek doesn't look like a nightlife kind of town. The second thing was the manager (she could have been an owner too) was this very strict looking "don't mess with your momma" kind of woman. So you know she runs a really tight ship. The place was clean and the staff were all working hard. The food (which came out in less than five minutes) was great. They had quail on the menu, which my buddy MJ just went wild over. I did try and stick to my no carb diet so I didn't get the tortillas with my meal but I did have some chips and salsa. The food was so good that we went back next night for dinner. MJ and I joked we would come back for another mega workshop at Ten Second studios just so we could have dinner at Los Molecajetes. I was told they also own two other restaurants in the area. The prices were very reasonable, compared to what we would have had to pay out here in California.

2 comments:

Sues said...

You're making me hungry - and I just ate!

toners said...

So, was MJ able to come? That's GREAT!