Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sumi Cat Card


Tonight is my monthly card making get together with the "Cornflakes". I decided to do a simple card inspired by the art of Sumi painting. The stamp is one that I've had for long time. It's so old the manufacture's name has wore away. I stamped it on Sumi paper which is just a little bit thicker than tissue paper and made to work well with ink. I then stitched it onto the spine of my white card stock base since you would see any adhesive used. You can't really tell that there are two layers to the card in the photo. I thought of adding more to it, but Sumi painting is suppose to be simple a design. The red "chop" is my name in Japanese.

Lydia of Understand Blue fame is working on designing some business cards for me and one of my requirements is that a Sumi cat image be used. I can't wait to see what creative ideas Lydia comes up.

1 comment:

toners said...

This is beautiful, Lisa!