Monday, June 22, 2009

Marathon Clean Up

For the past three weeks we have been remodeling my Dad's 40 year old bathroom. On Father's Day I decided my other siblings (there are 6 of us) and their families should help clean up the whole house which had a nice layer of dust everywhere. So we had 14 people running around the house dusting and cleaning out closets. Several trips to the Goodwill, four huge black garage bags filled with blankets for the animal shelter and the washing machine and dryer running non stop for 8 hours. My Dad was being a good sport about it and all he said was "I'm not dead yet you know". I still have to take a trunk load of clothes to the dry cleaners, go to the laundry mat to wash some bedspreads and have all the leftover construction materials hauled off. We had so much stuff piled up in the living room to sort out, the cleaning crew could only wash the windows. I will have to go back and finish cleaning that room. My Dad was sure happy to see us all leave at the end of the day and get to sleep in his bedroom again.

1 comment:

toners said...

What a great family!! Super job!