Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Our Spring Honey is Now Here

Our house has been filled with boxes of bee keeping supplies and for the last week, honey equipment. During the day my hubby is at my Dad's house working on remodeling his bathroom. He then rushes home to work on the hives or getting the honey ready to bottle. This morning the first of the 2009 Spring harvest was bottled. We've add "comb" honey to our line. Some people like to chew it like gum and say it's better that way. I was busy last night making the labels and I will be off this morning delivering them to our store locations.
I'm working on coming up with a front label for the comb honey since I'm guessing a lot people don't know much about it.
This bee season the Bee Guild hasn't gotten many calls for swarms, so we are very concerned about the bee population at large. Swarm season only last a few months in our area and it's almost over. Remember if you see or hear of a swarm, call your local bee guild first.

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

I love chewing the combs too. MMM.

I heard colony collapse was getting better - is that true?

Let me know if you need help with a label!

toners said...

These look great!