Sunday, May 29, 2022

Thrifting in Tahoe - Fire King Mug

Now that I'm up in Tahoe, I went on a quick pick to the only thrift store open on Sunday. Since most thrift stores are affiliated with a church so it makes sense they're closed on Sundays. Didn't find much that was cheap enough to flip this time around but I did pick up this Fire King mug for a $1.00. I think I can flip it for $8.00 which would leave a little meat on the bone for another picker that shops at my booth at Cranberry Hill. It would be nice if I can find a few more to make a set. 
So well I'm here I'm also checking out if I would like to live here full time. It's rumored that there is no long term rentals here in town. Since it is a vacation hot spot, it's much more profitably for property owners to due short term rentals. It's getting extreme hard for people who work in town (teachers, restaurant workers etc) can't find affordable  housing and commuting into town during the winter isn't practical. So even if I like it here I don't think I will be able to find a place to rent.  
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: