Monday, May 2, 2022

Doing all the little things before the big move


Related Posts with ThumbnailsIt's getting real now that I only have a few more weeks before I have to move out. Gets a little overwhelming having to keep track of all the paper work that still has to get done as well as what to pack now.Making many trips to Salvation Army too!
Working out what craft supplies I OK with getting rid of is very sad but the thought of moving everything into storage yet again just doesn't make sense.  Some of the paper I've had for over 25+ years and if I haven't use it by now, I'm not every going to. 
Spent most of the afternoon sorting most of the paper out into bundles so I can bag it and sell it off at Cottage Crafts's ZZ booth. The rest will be donated to a reuse craft store in Berkeley. 
In the morning I got my meal prep done and trying to use up my cooking supplies. I do enjoy cooking and filling the house with all those great smells! I did do a quick drop off at Salvation Army so of course I had to go in and check things out. I did score a 3 piece French mixing bowl set for $10.99. When I got to the counter I found out it was half off! It's for my consignment booth so getting it for $5.00 was even better! 
I will be up in Lake Tahoe for June and July house sitting which is super. Amazing how many people are planning on coming up to visit me now. ;) I want to check out the area and make sure this time if it's a place I can live. Safety won't be an issue but the snow may be a deal breaker since I don't ski. I will be looking for a job and place to live while I'm there but at least this time I won't be going in blind. Really looking forward to the hiking and being able to be outside more. 
If that doesn't work out the plan is to go to Hawaii for a month in August and do the same thing, check it out and see if I can survive there. It's the gypsy life for the next several months not my preferred life style but it's what life is throwing me right now. Wish me luck!

No comments: