Wednesday, May 4, 2022

How much would you pay?

I found this so interesting today. I was again at Salvation Army dropping off more stuff this morning and when I did a quick run through the store I saw these glass vases stuffed with costume jewelry and a price tag of $99.99! I had to do a double take and make sure I was reading the label right. Then I realized that SA doesn't have any jewelry out so where does it all go?  I can't believe they don't go through it and do a quick test on the maybe good stuff. I was curious enough to do the math on how much each item in the vase would have to sell for if there wasn't and gold or silver. Even if there was silver in there the spot price is very low right now so I can't see making a profit on the scrap metal. 
I also have to mention, I've never seen these jars before, so they must sell. Can't believe this is the first time they've done this.  So now I'm in search of someone who has purchased one and how they did. 
Would you take the chance and pay $100 for a bag full of costume jewelry? 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 comment:

Niki said...

I would not buy costume jewelry at a thrift store, regardless of its packaging!