Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Just plugging along

It'a been a very slow process but I have to have everything sort out and packed up by Monday when the movers come to put everything in storage. Having to watch the baby during the week has pretty much cut my packing time down to just a few days. Yes semi panic has set in. The real issue is babysitting for 10 hours a day and then having to go up and down a flight of stair with heavy boxes makes for a very long day, especially since it's only me, the young ones just don't get it. OK rant over.
I've been making a few runs to Salvation Army when I don't have the baby and I go in for just a few minutes to check things out. Timing is everything when doing free style picking because with so many resellers out there, it's hard to find the good stuff. 
I'm trying really hard to stock my booth at Cottage Crafts since I don't know when I'll be close enough to send in anymore stuff. I'm heading to Tahoe to see if that's a place I can live so it's too long of a drive to bring anything down on a regular basis. 
Tami and George (the owners of CCB) are just wonderful in taking care of my booth and making sure my things get put out and look good. They really are my picking angels. :)
In the picture is the French style Corning Ware bowls I picked up a few days ago. It was the surprise pick because not only was it in perfect condition (just needed a good wash) but it was also 50% off, which I didn't know about until I checked out. I'm one of those pickers if I get a good deal on something, I pass it along to the next person.  I have other pickers come in and check out my booth to see if I undervalued something and most of time I have. As they say, I leave a little meat on the bone. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

2 comments:

sndy1 said...

Good luck with your new adventure!

Niki said...

So much for you to do! Best wishes on your move, new adventure and lifestyle! I know you are sad to give up much of your crafting supplies. But, I get it. I've moved mine twice in the last 3 years, and I wonder why I bothered to pack some of it. Like you, paper I haven't used in 25 years probably isn't going to make it onto a project.

Have fun!