Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Adventure is in my soul.


Related Posts with ThumbnailsToday is the first day I have all to myself and not have to be responsible for a baby. It's been a very stressful and exhausting month dealing with packing up everything I own and also being in charge of a baby.  
To get to know Incline Village before I make the decision to move here, I checked out the three thrift stores here in town. The prices at the stores are too high to flip for a profit, so you have to wait for when things go on sale. Also there isn't a great selection of things to buy. I'm sure since Tahoe is more a vacation home place, there aren't a lot of people having a house full of treasures to get rid of.
I didn't buy the artwork "adventure is in my soul" but it is sort of fitting for what my life is like right now. I'm very fortunate to have cousins letting me stay at their home here in Tahoe while they're boating around the east coast. So far I love the peace and  quiet (when the grandsons aren't here) and all the trees everywhere. Yesterday it snowed and today it's bright and sunny. I'm still not sure I can handle the big snow fall when it hits but so far it's been what I've been looking for. Being able to go outside and feel safe in whatever I'm doing. 
I did pick up a few things at the Hospice thrift shop which is a very small store. And yes, I would so redo their racks and make it at least look a little better.  I have to gather enough stuff to make it worth shipping down to Campbell or making the 5 hour drive down. I think it's going to take me while!  

No comments: