Monday, May 4, 2009

The Cat's Meow - Yosemite Stamp Escape

Back from a great weekend stamping retreat. On my 101 list was to attend an art retreat to see if they are really worth the money. This stamp retreat cost $225.00 (does not include lodging or food) for the whole weekend. We had two classes each day that were three hours long with all four teachers, Michael Strong, Karen Lockhart (Lockhart Stamps), Julie Ebersole (A Muse) and Stephanie Scheetz (Kodomo). More later on the each classes and the projects we did. Sharon (owner of The Cat's Meow scrapbooking store) puts on one GREAT stamping retreat. It was very well organized (something important to me) great location and everyone was very warm and welcoming. There were a few minor hicups but with over 100 women attending those can't be avoid. :) It rained most of the weekend but the view from our classrooms (photo above) was great. I think that added to the relaxed atmosphere and you didn't feel as tired after a very long class. The level of the projects we did were easy but still fun and creative. There was a nice mix of cards and other paper crafting projects (book bindng, mirror mosic) for those of us who came to try something new. On Saturday evening there were make n takes and an ATC swap. I was able to swap out all 60 of my ATC cards that I made! If you never have gone to one before, this would be a great one to start out with. The 2010 retreat is on the calendar for tha last weekend in April.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're such a tease....where are the projects & the diddies about your classes?????

Lisa said...

Didn't have time this morning to take the photos or post yet.

Sues said...

Catching up on your blog... boy I've missed a lot! Can't wait to hear more about your weekend! I need to work more on my 101 list... haven't had much time! Great job! I want to see a new picture of you - skinny!

toners said...

This sounds like fun! I'll have to see if Iain has any spare miles I can use... :)