Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fresco in the making

One of the projects I have on my list of " creative things to do" is to make a faux fresco wall in my master bedroom. I got the idea when I was at the Anthropologie store in Santana Row a few years ago. They had a wall with vintage wall paper that they covered lightly with plaster, so it looked like an old weathered building. The wall paper is $200.00 a roll (only covers 56 sqf) which is a little steep since I'm planning on covering most of it with plaster. I decide I would wait for a large painting to come into the auction house. Most painting this size (51" X 62") go for a lot more than I was willing to pay. I made an offer of $35.00 and when I didn't get it the day of the auction, forgot all about it. I got the call from the auction house today (two weeks later) that the consignor accepted my bid! I will be pulling it off it's frame and wallpapering it up on one of my bedroom walls, then plaster over most if it with just some of the images showing through. I have to first practice on some old wallpaper to get the right thickness of plaster. I'm also begging one of my good buddies to fly out here and help work her magic with faux painting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can't wait to see the finished project in your bedroom!