Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Flowers


My mother's day flowers arrived today! The ones on the left are from a girl scout troops annual Mother's day fundraiser, which I think is so much better than nasty tasting cookies. :) The top flowers are from my children. My daughter (up in Washington) is spending the weekend helping her Dad clean up our Whidbey island house, getting it ready to sell or rent. While our son was stationed on the island, he lived in the house along with several dogs and roommates. You can only imagine what state the house was in. She's a trooper and has been cleaning non-stop all weekend. The carpet is being replaced (at my son's expense), walls painted, weeds pulled and other minor repairs made all while I get to enjoy these beautiful flowers.



2 comments:

toners said...

Beautiful flowers!! :) Enjoy your day :)

Unknown said...

Oh won't it be fun to watch those big Lilly Buds pop! Have a wonderful day to a wonderful mom!