Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Heavy Metal Maddie

Using our "Maddie" stamp from our "A Place to Bark and Meow" fundraiser, I did an altered metal embossing technique. I didn't have any thin metal handy so I used heavy duty aluminum foil from the kitchen. I glued the foil on to card stock so I could work on it without losing my embossing. My first try was using the number 9, as in "cat's have 9 lives", to make a background. I liked the look, so decided to use Maddie as the next emboss image. I want the background to look like a wood block engraving, which I think I will get better at the more I practice. There are several layers of Pinata inks, which are a alcohol base ink that I rub into the foil. Pinata inks have a much richer color tone than Rangers alcohol inks but are much harder to find. This is the first time I've used staples on a project. I woke up this morning and knew I had to use some other type of metal and brads seem just a little to tame for the heavy metal look I wanted for Maddie.
To order Maddie and her friends go to:
Scrapbooking Supplies R Us http://www.scrapbookingsuppliesrus.com/?action=product1

2 comments:

Lisa Atha said...

Love this Maddie card! It looks like you spent a lot of time and effort on it! I am having a great time with my Maddie stamp, glad to see you are too! Maddie Rocks!

Lisa A.

toners said...

Wow! Way cool!! I ordered my stamps...can't wait to see them IRL!