Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What do these photos have in common?


I went to the doctor's yesterday for a sore shoulder I've had for several months now. I was waiting for our new insurance plan to kick in and my shoulder only hurt when I raise my arm over my head, behind my back or sleeping on my side. I have what is called a "frozen shoulder" and it's very common for people to get after 40. I was given advice to heat my shoulder before doing some very painful stretching exercises 3x a day. If you know how bad a Charlie horse hurts or one of those late night leg cramps then that's how bad it is to pull your arm where it doesn't want to go. While I was waiting for the heating pad to heat up, I had one of my many hot flashes. I thought since I was nice and warm, why don't I do the stretches whenever I have a flash. So if you drive by a woman with her arm sticking out of her sun roof, sweating and screaming in pain, it's probably just me working out.

3 comments:

toners said...

ROFL!! Great post, Lisa!

Unknown said...

It took me a minute to get what the photos had in common. Too funny! I hope your PT works - I have a friend who experienced something very similar to what you're describing. She just had surgery between my 2 to have the bersitus scraped out, that's what her pain was from!
Hey - are you in on the next "challenge" round??

Laurie in MN said...

I had the frozen shoulder. It takes quite some time to heal. And I have occasional hot flashes. I love them. For once in my life, I am warm.