Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've lost 84 inches - in paper that is.

Today is one of those beautiful California days, 70 degrees and sunny. I have all the windows open to air out the house and let the sunshine in - just love it. With it being such a nice day, I decided to tackle cleaning up and sorting out all the craft supplies that got moved into the bigger bedroom when I move my hubby's office to the smaller one. A few years ago, I stacked all my scrapbooking paper in two piles (I couldn't get it all in one pile) each about 5 feet tall - yes, 10 feet of just 12x12 paper. After seeing that I decided I really needed to use what I had in my stash. So today, I stacked the paper again to see how I've done. I now have 39 inches (a little over 3 feet) left from that original pile. So I've used up 84 inches of paper! On my 101 things to do list, this is #3 "get rid of 50% of my scrapbooking paper". I think I can now cross that one off. Don't ask how much I have in 8 1/2 X 11 card stock which if I had to guess is just as tall. :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Remember me if you decide to get rid of paper;)
I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands!
Lisa O

Debbie said...

Impressive! I am anxious to see the room changes.

holly* said...

wow. i thought i was nuts for having a foot and a half of paper. i'm impressed by not only the stash, but the use of said stash!

Lydia Fiedler said...

I think I know why your shoulder hurts!! :)

toners said...

Great job! That's a huge accomplishment!

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! I don't think I've owned that much paper in the 10 years I've been scrapbooking!! WOW!
Way to go in using it up & sticking to your goals.