Friday, January 30, 2009

More CHA 2009- One little question

I think this photo was from the Tim Holtz or Ranger booth. I may do something like this for an up coming make n take project.
When I was talking to the designers of new paper lines, I ask what I thought was a simple question. "What inspired you to create your new line or where to do get your inspiration?" I mean they ask fashion designers that all the time. It was surprising that only one scrapbooking paper designer could field the questions. Many were stumped and either had no answer or refused to talk about it. I saw a trend of those who couldn't answer the question - their paper lines were totally boring. One woman said she just sits in front of her computer and I have to say her new release look is as exciting as staring at a blank computer screen. When I walked in the "My Little Shoebox" booth, she was all over the it. She rattled off about a dozen things, talked about her design team and most importantly was so excited about her new line. Yes, people this is how (if any one from CHA is reading) vendors should be about their product and what they sell. After she answered my questions, she went into showing me how I could use her line to inspire customers and the great price point of their show special. All this was at the end of the day when everyone else were walking zombies. I'm sorry I didn't get a good shot of her booth or the samples they had on display. I was too busy talking to her and forgot to take out my camera. Here's the link to My Little Shoebox http://www.mylittleshoebox.com/

5 comments:

erin said...

hi lisa,
it was wonderful meeting you! i'd love to get together, though i know you don't go to crops much.
thanks for the mls love, we love our stuff, so happy it shows!
blessings,
erin

Lydia Fiedler said...

I thought this question was brilliant. I wish I'd thought to ask it.

Great pics. And thanks for the tip about Graphic 45 - I'll be ordering some of their stuff!!

Debbie said...

Lucky you Lisa, because you only have to drive to Fremont to see the samples. Suzy and her team at Picture Me Perfect design for MLS. They always have the newest stuff for sale from MLS as well!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what you create from your creative journal notes!

toners said...

Great question to ask, Lisa! What a great way to really find out about a designer and/or company.