Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Was this a Ranger display?
















I can't remember if this was a Ranger booth display. It was on a back wall facing the aisle so I didn't see any signage, something their marketing people should make note of. All these little houses or shrines are made out of paper. I think there were a twenty in all from different artists. A very interesting and fun wall to visit.
Something I found odd at the CHA show - this is just my random thoughts. When I sat down to do a make n take (and some where really long, 30 plus minutes) why wasn't the demo person talking up their new product line or show specials? I mean they had us all sitting at the table and we weren't going to leave until we were done. I give Product Performers 5 stars for their demo people in the Teresa Collins booth. As I was using the Dream Kuts and Zutter machine making one of Teresa's books, they chatted about how to use the machine, how good it would for a class etc.... I also asked technical questions just to see if they could answer them. Hey if you are paying thousands of dollars for your booth space, wouldn't you want your people to be able to field any and all questions? Can't tell you how many booths had people working in them that had no idea what the product did or was. Do you know what improvements were added to the pink Zutter binding machine? The best individual demo person was at the LiquidTex booth. I'm rooting around for her card so I can post her name. Not only is she a talented artist but her knowledge of the LiquidTex acrylic inks (very cool inks that I'm going out to buy) was amazing. She could give you all the details from both a chemistry level and as a working artist.

No comments: