Thursday, February 28, 2008

Love it moments


During my marathon garage clean out, I sold an old cedar hope chest I've had for over 30 years. When I emptied it out, I found I had stored this crazy crochet blanket my grandmother made many years ago. She died at the age of 103. Right up to the end she was working in her garden and crocheting. Since her eye sight was getting weaker (until cataract surgery at 90) she would crochet using up her scrap yarn in the brightest colors she had. I think I was the only one in the family at the time that liked it. :) Just to reinforce my word selection, I was boxing up some vintage sheet music I got at an auction months ago When I pulled the first half of the music up, the top photo shows what was on top. Just had to take of photo of it.

3 comments:

Sues said...

Lisa - this afgan reminds me of one I got for my wedding... love IT!!! And the sheet music was perfect! I LOVE THE CABINET! What a great find! It reminds me of the commercial where they design a house around the faucet - except yours is a room around the cabinet! How cool! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy every moment!

toners said...

Lisa, what a special treasure to have :)

Unknown said...

The blanket is SO like ones my grandma used to make. Unfortunately I don't think any of us girls have one around anymore because we "loved it" so much!!! Maybe tucked away in my mom's stuff we'll find one.
The sheet music - how cool is that?
What an awesome birthday you had!!! Keep "loving it" all!!!!