Thursday, February 28, 2008

The move


If you believe in the "Secert" then you will see it in action here. I didn't think there would be any problems in moving the huge apothecary cabinets I got at a local auction house into my new art studio space. At first Randy (our contractor) didn't think it would fit in his trailer but after we decided only the big one would, he was wondering if we could lift it. Then as we were taking the drawers out to make it lighter, a big semi-truck (from a company I can't name because the driver should not have helped us) pulled in to make a unscheduled delivery. The driver was a big antique lover and couldn't believe what a great deal I on got it. We used dollies to move the cabinets on to his lift gate and then backed the trailer and truck under it. We then pushed the cabinets into the trailer and truck beds. It was so easy. Once we got them to our house we use a car jack and the fact that we have really high curbs to unload them on to dollies.
On the way home I told my husband this was one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time!








2 comments:

toners said...

Yeah! What a fun birthday!

Lisa said...

My husband wants me to change the word "we" to "the guys" since all I did was run around and take pictures. Randy (the contractor) is a take charge type of guy (the boss) so I know better than get between him and the project at hand.