Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First Flower of 2008

I always look forward to the end of our California winters because then all my daffodils, tulips and irises start to bloom. My front yard changes with the seasons - yes, even here in sunny California. Something is alway coming into bloom. In a few weeks it will change from bright yellow (daffodils) to dark purple (irises) to hot pink and white (tulips) then to dark green. Now that we have a bee hive of our very own, I will be planting lavender beds and borders in both the front and back yard.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful picture, I love bulb flowers.

Unknown said...

So pretty! We got slammed with yet another snow storm last night that dumped over 4" in just a few hours and made roads horrendous!!!
I'm afraid spring is a ways off for us Michiganians!
TFS!

Sues said...

Spring is there already? How wonderful!!! Love it!