Monday, February 25, 2008

Butterfly Card using Copics

I finally broke down and got some Copic pens that everyone has been raving about. Boy, did I had major sticker shock at the check out counter! Once I got them home (that took a few days because of auction hunting) I found out I had pick out the wrong tip style so I had to drive back to the art store to exchange them. The first thing I did was to see if you could do the direct to rubber technique with them. Nope, the ink dries way to fast. I then found out the Copics and India Ink Black (my favorite black ink pad) don't mix either. The Copics makes the India Ink blurry. So I sat there looking at these pens that cost about a week's worth of groceries and starting wondering if I had invested in a fad that was just getting a lot of hype. I decided to try heat embossing an image and see how it turned out. I finally found something the Copics worked well with. Since I don't do major illustrations or a lot of blending, I find the pens too picky for general rubber stamping. I'm still not sure about them and if they are worth the high price tag for stampers.

1 comment:

Sues said...

dI've never tried them, but I must say these butterfly's are beautiful!