Friday, June 30, 2023

Coffee Hack

I grew up in a home with the  wonderful smell of  Folgers coffee. I love the smell but I don't really like the taste of coffee. I add Trader Joe's chocolate oat milk to make my version of a mocha. :) 
I use the pour over method because it takes less space on my counter. I know I should be using a burr grinder but again I don't have a lot of space for a machine that size. It's always hit or miss if my coffee will turn out, so I did a little research on why. Because I use a regular coffee bean grinder, my coffee grounds are uneven, which can cause all sorts of problems. To correct that ( f your'e too cheap to buy a burr grinder) is to sift you grounds to get a uniform blend. The YT I watched was a guy who uses this method when he's at home that doesn't take making coffee as seriously as he does. Basic kitchen tools are used so I thought why not give it a try. Have to say this morning's coffee turned out pretty good! It's any extra step that I may not do every time but at least I know now how to fix the problem. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: