Sunday, July 2, 2023

my lone apricot

One of the things I liked about my new place was the huge front garden area. It was a hot mess when I first moved in but I was up for the challenge. The first thing I did was prune back all the trees. The yard looked like a giant spider web with everything growing everywhere. After that, I took out all the dead trees. The landlord just planted trees willy nilly but had no plans to ever  water them. It took months to cut them down to size so I could get them into the compost bins. I've also been working on getting the soil back into shape. The  major problem I'm dealing with  now is having hydrophobic soil = doesn't absorb water. I've been burying my kitchen scapes directly into the soil everyday but it's a big yard so it will take time. 
I'm very excited that I have one apricot that the squirrels have not found yet. Of course they're well fed from hanging out at my bird feeders all day! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: