Thursday, June 22, 2023

Sushi Rice and Waffles - why?

Yes, I watch a lot of YT videos on cooking and I've seen some pretty wild stuff. 
If you grew up with a rice cooker you know all about the crisp (burnt) part of the rice either at the bottom of your pan or when you made fried rice with the leftovers. 
Seeing a mini waffle maker being used with sushi rice looked interesting and I was able to borrow a waffle maker.  Thinking maybe it was something I could make for the boys when they come to visit this winter I wanted to try it. 
Here's my take on this new tread. Your'e basically making a plate (because it tastes that bland) to hold all those $$$ sushi ingredients you have to pile on top. It takes about 10 minutes to make one waffle so it's not a very family friendly either. 
Why would you even want a waffle maker this small? Would you only really eat one waffle at a time this size?
I just went back to the old fashion way and made a sushi bowl  with all the leftovers I had. 

No comments: