Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Crazy Pyrex People

I have two sets of these Pyrex bowls. One for sale at the store and the other online. 
The same customer keeps coming in and asking if I would break the set up and sell the yellow bowl. I've always said no because it took me two years to get a compete set. She's been told that the yellow bowl is the easiest one to find in good condition. The blue and red ones are harder because people started putting them in the dishwasher. You can see the blue one is very faded. I finally I said yes I would sell the the bowl for $45 just to keep her from asking about it every time she comes in. The whole set it $150.00. She can always go to all the Goodwill stores everyday for months and she will find one sooner or later. 
I'm always surprised how much Pyrex goes for at the auction houses, resellers (especially new ones) pay top dollar without really understanding what their profit margin will be. Ok rant over.
I am on the hunt (best part of reselling) for a very rare hostess pyrex set. It was one that was never sold, but given as gift by the company. It's not flashy or even very pretty but there are very few of them around. My hope is because it's not pretty, it will get over looked at an estate sale. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: