Sunday, June 11, 2023

Finally cooking all those pinto beans

I've been getting so many bags of pinto beans from my brother, I decided it was time to at least try and cook with them.  I didn't grow up eating dry beans at all. growing up on a farm we ate everything fresh from the vine, so I really didn't know what to do with dried beans.
Found a recipe online and I had most of the spices, so I just went for it.  I knew enough that you have to soak them overnight so it does take a little planning.  I went a little over board with the very hot but small red chilies which I keep forgetting are super hot! I used the bacon I had but I could see how big chucks of ham would have been nice. I have to say it does make the house smell great and a good things to make when you have to stay home. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: