Friday, June 9, 2023

Vintage toys and more.

When I FaceTime with my grandsons, it's usually at dinner time for them. If forks are being used, it always turns into a sword fight.  As I prepare for their visit in November, I've been looking for toy trucks (their favorite) while I'm sourcing. I found this vintage boxing game and picked it up, hoping that at least Mees would be old enough to play with it. Maybe boxing instead of jabbing each other with a fork will save an eye!
As I decided if I should keep selling on WhatNot, now that they changed how shipping rules, I've been purging my dead stock. Several boxes have gone off to the thrift stores and I only have a few more to go through. Shipping breakables has just gotten too expensive to be profitable.  My sales at CCB are good but it takes a lot of time for something to sell.
In my search for toys for the boys, I found the resell value of used toys to be pretty good. Buying new is $$$ and parents don't seem to mind if the toy is in used condition. I found this metal Tonka truck for only $8.59 at the Goodwill store. New this one sells for around $40.00. It's in excellent condition and I can only guess this child didn't play with it very much. I'm going test its value on Facebook Market Place. Good toys is something I rarely see at the thrift store and I can only guess either they don't last, kids around here don't play outside in the dirt or picked up very quickly by other resellers. 


Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: