Monday, June 26, 2023

On the hunt for books for the grandkids.



went to all the Goodwill stores in my area looking for children books. Before my grandsons moved to Holland they had a very nice library but the cost of shipping books there had to be a big purge. So my goal is to have a nice selection of books for  then when they visit in a few months.  Mess has always liked reading and his favorite subject now is trucks. Henk hasn't had the advantage of getting a lot of one on one time with his parents, so he doesn't enjoy reading as much as Mees. I'm not sure what Henky will like so I'm getting a wide range of books for him. 
I picked up a box of books on Next Door so I'm going through cleaning everything and deciding what to keep. The ones that don't make the cut will go into those little neighborhood library.

The sad thing is I know GW gets tons of books everyday.  There are only a few shelves of books in any of the stores if they have a book section at all. Most of the books are sold off by the pallet loads or just sent to the bins to be disposed of.
Hardbacks $2.69 Paperbacks $1.99
As everyone knows the prices at GW have gotten crazy. This little cat cup from Daiso (Japanese dollar store) was 2 for $1 new and now at GW it's  $2.19 for just one. 

No comments: