Friday, October 1, 2021

Looking to move once again.

It's just crazy nuts here in Alameda. The crime rate is through the roof and it's not getting any better. The police force here is very small but they have to deal with the rift raft coming in from Oakland which is basically a war zone.  Last week there was a drive by shooting on my street and only 4 houses away! I was lucky that I was babysitting when it all happened and I do live in the better part of town! So yes I'm starting the process to move once again. :(
Last night someone was just laying on his horn. I looked out my window to see that someone parked their car in front of his driveway trapping him in.  Park Ave (one street over from me) is the Main Street of Alameda so with all the restaurants having seating on the street, there's no parking, forcing people to park in the residential area. Another neighbor came out and moved his car so the guy could drive over the sidewalk to get out. A patrol car showed up about 45 minutes later and stayed there until the girls came back to their car. It's people doing stupid stuff like this that takes up the police time!
Really miss my little studio in Cupertino!

No comments: