Friday, October 29, 2021

Books by the box

It takes a lot of different people to run a thrift store with the business format we use at TK. I use consignment people for the more high end stuff because they can get a much better price than I could at the store. They do all the work and we just get the check, a win win for everyone. 
 When it comes to books, it's a very labor and back breaking deal. The amount I would have to go through to find the few clean ones isn't worth the amount we would get for the books. Really I wouldn't have a book section but it's something customers expect to find at a thrift store. Some people do comment that we're a little higher than the other thrift stores but I point out we only have quality books that are clean. Our select maybe small but it's all good stuff. I use an online book seller who picks up everything we get in (and we get a lot) goes through everything and brings back what will sell. His work keeps our book section well stocked with a good history of selling. In the picture, that was just one donation of hardcover books. You can't see the the all the boxes but it was 9 boxes. 
I'm still not very fluent on what books will sell the fastest but I do know we have a very nice collection on almost every subject. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: