Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Creative time - Gelli Plate

I'm slowly getting my art work space set up so I can have some creative time when I'm up for it.  Work is very mentally draining having to dealing with so many different people and sort of being an island in a much bigger and very different organization. Long story there for another time. 
I was inspired by Sand Allnock and Jennifer Mcguire's posts about using a gelli plate to make backgrounds. I turned my breakfast nook area (which I never use) into a mess art area since it has tile floors. I don't have to worry about dropping paint on my wool area rugs anymore. Working with the gelli plate is very fun and super messy!  Since I don't really have any set idea on what the finally outcome has to be it's just playtime. I do end up with a lot of back grounds!  With my stack of backgrounds, I started turning them into cards. I thought I was going to make leaves out of them but I ended up using this sentiment instead. I had to make a quick card to mail with my rent check to my landlord. 
I did pull out Tim Holtz's crazy birds stamps and I thought I would make some Halloween cards but I only got to stamping them before flashed by. Maybe someday it will turn into a card. :) 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: