Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rabbit Foot Meadery in Sunnyvale


I just got back from my bee guild's field trip to the Rabbit Foot Meadery in Sunnyvale. I was just blown away by the quality of the wine and beer, that is all made with honey. As many of you know, I don't like the taste of alcohol so I don't drink. Now I'm thinking it's because my body doesn't handle wheat or oats very well. This mead stuff is really good. While you sampled the mead, Mike Faul (owner) and Mark (friend and bee guild member) would talk about how it was made or where the honey came from which gives each bottling of mead it's distinct taste. Since the mead tasting was going so well, I took a giant leap and sampled the beer. Yes, that too was excellent. But my favorite was the chocolate raspberry port, a super sweet dessert wine. The same coco beans that are used in Ghirardelli chocolate goes into their port.
So if you're looking for something new and different, stop by the Rabbit Foot Meadery in Sunnyvale. http://www.rabbitsfootmeadery.com/


1 comment:

toners said...

Sounds like a fun field trip to me!