Thursday, July 9, 2009

Creative Muse Books - Junk Beautiful & Rubies in the Orchard


On my latest trip to the library, I picked up these books. "Junk Beautiful" is a very inspiring book for those who like to reuse things in different ways. The design style isn't for everyone but I found it very creative. Being into junk myself, I know some of the items they use are not easy to find. They make is sound you can pick the stuff on the side of road or for pennies on the dollar. Maybe in Minnesota but not out here in California. You also have to be really good with a variety of tools. But if you need some "Junk JuJu" then this is a book to read.
"Rubies in the Orchard" is a fast read but it's more a PR piece for the companies Lynda Resnick and her husband Stewart have owned. POM juice, Teleflora, The Franklin Mint and Fiji Water. One thing I did get out of the book was her marketing belief of not thinking "outside the box" but digging deeper in the box you have. Unless you like to read the how and why a company was started (something that I find interesting) I would skip it.

No comments: