Monday, July 27, 2009

In the garden this morning

It's been a long time since I've spent anytime out in my garden. Since my hubby decided to put one of his hives right in the middle of my raised beds, I have to time my gardening to either early morning or sunset when the "girls" are less active. It's hard to weed when you're right in the middle of the flight path. Of course hubby is never out in the garden so he doesn't see the problem. I do have some nesting birds who are doing a great job cleaning up all the bees that die off from the hive. We use to have them every where and I would have to make sure to put my gardening gloves on to do anything out in the backyard. I'm amazed at how many bees two little birds can eat. The photo above is a cantaloupe plant mixed in with my basil, marigolds and eggplant.

No comments: