Monday, December 15, 2008

Remodeling Again - the making of a third studio

It's not that I've out grown my studio we just finished over the summer but my hubby's "juice" meetings are booking up so much studio time. Every time he has a meeting (which is almost three times a week now) I have to pick everything up and either put it away or move into the kitchen. Which when prepping for classes is really a pain and makes for extra work.
When Michelle Zindorf was out here for her workshops she made the comment, " you don't use your living room space very much do you?" The remodel light bulb finally went on. We are empty nesters so why not change the space into something I can use instead of a room no one sits in. I'm now on the hunt for a 9'-10' long farm table like the one in the photo. I want it to be one piece and prefer the top to also be one slab of wood. They don't really make solid tops anymore so it will have to be vintage table. The one in the photo is solid cedar but it's missing it's drawers and the top is too badly damaged. Once I find the table, I will remodel our living room into another studio space. If you happen to come across one let me know, there is a reward offer. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm.....sometimes you can find vintage doors than are smooth (like oak) and place them on the base/legs of old table(s). I've seen it in some of the old antique markets Steve & I used to frequent in the summer.
Oh & will this studio be sporting a new red leather couch????

Lisa said...

I have to find the table first then the red sofa. :)