Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home for the Holidays

Now that both my children made it home safe and sound I have what I wanted for Christmas. Both had to fly out of Seattle, which was hit by one of the biggest snow storms ever. My daughter is a very experienced traveler and when her flight got canceled (Alaska canceled all their flights for two days) she refused to leave the airport until all the options were exhausted. She finally was able to get on a flight with United through a friend who works for the airline. To add to the stress of the day, her college buddy who was traveling with her got "stripped searched" at the security gate. Good thing both girls run everyday, because they had to sprint to catch the plane. Today every one's plane came in late but didn't have to deal with any bad weather. Chad is home from his fifth deployment a little thinner when I last saw him but with the "Itatani food fest" starting, I think he will fatten up just fine. Good to have all the family home for the holidays.

5 comments:

Laurie in MN said...

I am so glad for you and your children to be back home.

Have a Blessed Christmas.

Lydia Fiedler said...

So glad the nest is full !!!!

Have a great Christmas Eve!!!

Unknown said...

Blessings to you all - what a wonderful gift, the gift family! Merry Christmas Doug, Lisa, Chad & Erin.

Sues said...

Sounds like you got the best present ever!!! Merry Christmas!!! Sue

toners said...

Lisa, I am thrilled that you have your whole family together for the holidays :) ENJOY!!!