Saturday, December 13, 2008

Card Swap - Glass Ornaments

Last night my card making buddies "the Cornflakes" got together for our end of the year swap and food fest. For this go around I wanted to do something "green" and use what I already had in my stash. The glass ornaments I've had since 2003 (the receipt was in with the boxes) thinking at some point I was going to do something with them. The transparencies (don't think many people use over head projectors anymore) came from a company getting ready to throw them out and ribbon was pulled from the very back of my ribbon drawer stash. I used both Copics and Sharpies to add the color. I found that the Sharpies worked better. I also had several bags of faux snow packed with my glass ornament balls. So for this whole project everything came out of my stash. I wonder if that means I have way too much stuff???

5 comments:

Carol_F said...

Cute ornaments!! Since I have a stash of transparencies which I do use frequently while teaching, I think this would be a great project to emulate. I also have loads of Sharpies--Ultra Fine-- which I got on the huge Back-to-School sale at Target last August. They work great for coloring in intricate designs with tiny spaces as well as being the perfect medium for "permanent" (But...I know how to erase them from slick surfaces like glass and plastic.) coloring on glass or plastic. Thanks for the inspiration and giving me a little nudge to use things from my stashes of supplies.

¡Feliz Navidad!

Carol F.

Debbie said...

Very trendy being green: avoiding consumerism by using what you have instead of buying more, saving items from the landfill, etc. AND pretty darn cute and creative too. I have some of these glass balls sitting in my garage because how could I pass up 90% off two years ago. But I think I need you to have a class if I will ever use them!

Lydia Fiedler said...

I dig em!!!
And I think it means now you have room for MORE stuff!!!

You know - I wonder why they still make transparencies - is it because we're buying them? If they find out they're for stamping the price will double!!

toners said...

Awesome job! I do agree with Lydia, though - if the transparency manufacturers find out what stampers are doing with them, the prices will skyrocket!

:)

nancyruth said...

oh no you can NEVER have too much stuff! It is not that I have too much stuff, it is just that I have too little time!@