Friday, December 19, 2008

Last kid on the block - Cricut Expression

OK, so I'm the last girl on the block to get a Cricut machine. Way back when, I saw the first of these machine at a trade show. It was a nightmare (machine didn't cut well, vendors didn't know how to use them) and I said to myself that I would wait until one company rose to the top with a quality machine. Now several years later, I finally bit the bullet and got one. The last straw for me to buy one is the speed at which I now have to design classes. Instead of weeks, I only have days to get class project designed and samples up for display. For those of you who do classes, you know what I mean, it's not a fast process. No more delays or major design change because I don't have the right punch or nesties, no more hand cutting out hundreds of shapes for my classes or having to worry the paper or product will be discontinue before the class. On the plus side, Hubby was so happy to see it coming through the door. All he said was "Merry Christmas". :) I'm now working on what cartridges I should get. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

toners said...

I still haven't gone down the Cricut road; not quite sure yet how cost-effective it would be for me. I'll look forward to your posts about it, though!

Unknown said...

I still don't have a Cricut either. I did break down a few weeks back & bought the Cuddlebug - I only use the embossing folders so far - you got me caught up on that!

Lisa said...

I love my Cuttlebug and the embossing folders. For any card maker, it's a must have machine.

I like the Cricut but if I wasn't doing classes with it I would not get it.