Sunday, January 30, 2022

Store Update - 2022

I'll be leaving my job at the store in April so I'm in the process of getting things cleaned up both at home (because I will be moving again) and the store.  Because I'm a bubble thinkers, I hold on to things donated to the store for a future displays with no real idea how I'll use them. I know it drives my assistant nuts, he's not a creative thinker. :) He'll be taking over my position so I'm working on getting rid of the "stuff" he would have no idea what to do with. He's been out for the past two weeks after testing positive so that has slowed things down and the trash donations (things going to the Salvation Army) has piled up in back. He has the truck and part of his job was to haul everything the store can't use away, which happens almost daily. I'm very lucky that most of my A-team volunteers are in town and they can handle all that happens in the front of the store as I multi task in back!
So the picture above (finally getting to that story!) is a vintage homemade Gunne Sax type of dress that my volunteers didn't like and really didn't want to put out on the floor. When they asked me why, I said it was quirky and very different besides being vintage. Well, it sold in less than a day and I found out that Gunne Sax clothing is very hot and trending right now. This is something years of junking has taught me - just because I don't like doesn't mean there isn't a market for it. As long as it's in good condition and unusual enough, there's a buyer. The hard part is finding the buyer!  I was thinking once I leave will the new staff be able to spot these diamonds? 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: