Monday, January 10, 2022

January Auction Week 2021

Related Posts with Thumbnails
It's auction week, my favorite time of the month!  Going to the preview and spending a few hours checking everything out is how I destress and kick start my creative mojo. 
I know 99% of what I bid on I won't get but the fun part is just seeing all the unique things that can turn up on the auction floor.
This time I found a Hager vase, which isn't all that valuable but it's a favorite of a YouTube I follow and I've never seen one in the wild before. 
The oversized Starbuck mug (it's huge) would make a nice display piece but it's almost at full retail now so no meat on the bone so to speak. Another thing at this auction is all the artwork. Most of the time I'm looking at the frames, which can sell way more than the actual art. This is artwork not high end enough to go into the gallery auction across the street. My booth at Cottage Crafts needs more smalls so I'm on the hunt to restock my booth but I think this time around it will be slim pickings. 

No comments: