Friday, January 21, 2022

Flatfish and Miso

Years ago when blogging was new, (yes, I'm that old) I started my blog as Flatfish Paper Arts. In the Japanese world a flatfish image is used a lot but I'm not too sure why. That wasn't the reason I chose that title (subconscious at work I'm sure) but it just works for me. When I do find a flatfish on anything, I use to pick it up. This bowl survived my many purges only because of the image. I think it came in a set of different images but this was the one I kept. 
As I work through yet another stressful change in my life (really how many can one person have!) I turn to what gives me comfort. Making coffee in the morning, from grinding the beans, heating the water and doing a pour over is a routine that I enjoy. It's really not about drinking the coffee, just the smell (reminds me of my mom's morning routine) and the process is what I like. Now I've started making miso soup for breakfast. It's been very cold here (well for CA) so a nice warm bowl of soup in the morning is a nice way to start the day. There are no Japanese (really no Asian stores at all) store in Alameda, so when I go down to Cupertino, I try and hit all the stores there to stock up.  I do miss fresh tofu to add to the soup so that's a treat when I can get it at a restaurant. Now I'm thinking how can I use my flatfish stamping images in my coffee theme card swap!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: